Audeze’s innovative, patent-pending Fazor elements improve clarity, focus and the already spectacular holographic imaging. The two Fazor elements are placed just outside the two magnet structures that surround the diaphragm in each capsule. They guide and manage the flow of sound around the magnets. Fazors are standard on all LCD headphones.
Think of sound waves as ripples in a pond. Drop a pebble in the water, the ripples spread out undisturbed. Drop two pebbles and the ripples interfere with each other just like speakers in a room. Wave interference, while not as severe in headphones, remains an obstacle to top performance.
- Loads the diaphragm with a symmetrical acoustic load
- Improves acoustic impedance-matching that extends high frequency response and increases efficiency
- Acoustically transparent so sound waves generated by the surface of the moving diaphragm pass through the magnetic structure undegraded
- Improved phase response at high frequencies
- Eliminates edge-diffraction of sound waves around magnetic structures
- Sound waves generated by our large planar magnetic diaphragms pass through magnetic structures without disturbance preserving recorded detail
- Phase distortion further reduced at high frequencies
- Improved Impulse response
- Better acoustic matching, symmetrical loading and minimized edge diffraction result in cleaner, more detailed and transparent output
- Impulse response measurements with Fazors clearly show our planar element settles faster with less ringing