Edge Duo Modeling Mic
Dual-membrane condenser microphone for authentic multi-pattern vintage mic emulation
The ultimate microphone to complete your mic locker
Тhis high-quality dual-capsule large-diaphragm condenser microphone captures vocals and instruments with pristine clarity, depth and detail, making it the perfect starting point for emulating a plethora of timeless studio microphones.
A legendary library
Edge Duo is able to call on an extensive and ever-expanding collection of classic mic emulations, with 11 legendary microphone models already available and 7 more soon to be released. All have been meticulously measured from carefully selected original examples in one of the most respected facilities in Germany. Find the full list of Edge Duo emulations below.
Housed in a specially designed low-resonance body with a sleek matte black finish, Edge Duo features a 6-micron gold-sputtered dual-membrane capsule. It provides an incredibly smooth, rich and organic response that the powerful Antelope Audio modeling engine can shape into the true sound of some of the most expensive and sought-after microphones in the history of audio recording.
Multi-dimensional mic modeling
Edge Duo’s dual-membrane capsule design feeds two separate XLR output channels via the included Y-cable. The signal from each membrane is then individually processed and recombined, delivering the most precise mic modeling on the market. This approach not only means that users can vary the polar pattern from within the plug-in, even after recording. It also allows the Edge Duo to accurately emulate the characteristic on- and off-axis response of each mic for true multi-dimensional mic modeling.
The Edge emulations are designed to work hand-in-hand with Antelope’s own precision mic preamps and converters. For maximum accuracy, Edge Duo can be used with any of Antelope Audio’s mic preamp-equipped interfaces, whose built-in FPGA processing capabilities allow real-time vintage mic emulation.
However, Edge Duo also includes Antelope’s native mic emulation plug-ins, meaning you can use any third-party audio interface and even change modeling settings after recording. Available in VST, AU and AAX formats for both macOS and Windows, Antelope’s native AFX plug-ins* provide everything we’ve come to expect from their industry-leading FPGA FX, with minimal latency, a high degree of oversampling and precise floating-point calculations.
*iLok 2 or 3 required. Not included in the pack.
About the new Edge Family
Building on the success of the acclaimed Edge modeling mic, the new Edge Family from Antelope Audio features three new large-diaphragm condenser mics – the fixed cardioid Edge Solo, the multi-pattern Edge Duo and the dual-capsule, four-output Edge Quadro, capable of 360° stereo recording.
Together with Antelope’s constantly expanding range of FPGA and native AFX mic emulation plug-ins, the Edge Family makes Antelope’s unrivalled mic modeling technology available to an even wider range of users and recording applications.
- Powerful mic modeling engine
- Duosonic / Stereosonic microphone
- Output split into two independent audio channels for maximum control
- Large double-membrane condenser capsule
- Switchable polar patterns: cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional and anything in between
- Ultra-low resonance headbasket and body construction
- Extensive library of vintage mic emulations
- Shock mount with pop filter and special oxygen-free copper Y-cable included
- Berlin 47 FT
- Berlin 49T
- Berlin 57
- Berlin 87
- Berlin 67
- Berlin M103
- Vienna 12
- Vienna 414
- Tokyo 800T
- Oxford 4038
- Sacramento 121R
- Berlin K86 (coming soon)
- Berlin 47 TU (coming soon)
- Berlin V563 (coming soon)
- Berlin/Halske M25 (coming soon)
- Berlin M251 (coming soon)
- Minnesota 20 (coming soon)
- Illinois 7B (coming soon)
- Microphone type: Stereo condenser microphone
- Diaphragm: Large condenser – double-sided 6u gold-sputtered membranes
- Diaphragm diameter: 34mm
- Polar pattern: Multi-pattern (cardioid, figure-8, omnidirectional)
- Frequency response: 20HZ ~ 20kHZ
- Sensitivity: -35dB | 18mV/Pa (-1 to +3dB)
- THD+N: -116dB
- Self-noise: 19dB(A)
- SNR: 75dB(A)
- Output impedance: 50 Ohms @ 1kHz
- Power requirements: 48V DC phantom power
- Output connector: 5-pin male XLR
- Color: Black matte
- Weight (mic body): 1.23 lbs (560 grams)
- Dimensions (mic body): 8.6" x 2.1" (219mm x 53mm)
- Breakout cable: 16.4' (5 meters) 5-pin female XLR to dual 3-pin male XLR (high grade OFC Y-cable)
- Mount: Shock absorber type
- Case: Standard mid-size road case with handle and custom-fit foam inserts