Stereo bass-extension and management system with a separate LFE-channel input and 2 x 300W amplifier
Nailing the lowest octave-settings and translating it precisely from a studio to any listening situation is the foremost challenge for any contemporary music production. The fragmented playback environment demands extreme precision in the process of music creation and sound editing, especially when it comes to modern, bass-heavy production.
A single mono subwoofer is part of a movie format, but Amphion does not believe it is good enough to be used in music production. In music, it is necessary to keep the stereo information throughout the whole frequency band. Amphion’s FlexBase25 presents you with an unconventional approach to subwoofer design that should fit especially well with the rapidly changing landscape of modern music-making and will satisfy even the most demanding producers or sound engineers.
The FlexBase is a stereo bass extension and management system with a separate LFE-channel input. The crossover frequency is variable between 35-260 Hz, which allows changing the flavour of the system to match the task at hand. The ability to adjust the mono/stereo spread ensures that the system integrates even when higher crossover points are used. Unlike the conventional subwoofers, the system is designed to be easy to set-up and intuitive to use.
The LFE input has +10dB sensitivity compared to the main channels, but no built-in lowpass filtering. The LFE channel can be linked between several units which then allows building 7.1 and upward systems. FlexBase25 is a complete system consisting of the subwoofer with two back to back 10” woofers and required cabling and electronics. The subwoofer is powered by Amphion FlexAmp500, which also houses the company’s proprietary filter module in its 2U rack enclosure.
- Variable crossover frequency allows changing the flavour of the system to match the specifics of the various production tasks.
- Mono/stereo spread adjustment to ensure precise system-integration, even when higher crossover points are used.
- Allows linking of the LFE channel between several units to build 7.1 and upwards systems.
- Operating principle: One-way
- Woofer: 2 x 25 cm / 10” aluminium
- Crossover frequency: 35-260Hz
- Crossover Slopes
- THD+N @ 0dBu: -100dB
- System bandwidth: 6Hz - 200 kHz
- Input impedance: 25 kOhm
- Output impedance: 100 Ohm
- Max HPF level: +20dBu
- Measurements (H x W x D): 840 x 342 x 321 mm
- Weight: 44 kg / 97 lb
- Output power: 2x300W RMS into 4 Ω @ 1% THD
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 65kHz (-3dB)
- Distortion: @ 100W: 0,006% (100 Hz)
- Distortion: @ 1W: 0,003% (100 Hz)
- Signal to noise ratio: 93dB @ 1W
- Efficiency: 85% @ full power (230V operation)