2LD is SOLD OUT!
The next gen Ref-Cube Speakers, model LD-3 is in production right now! Ship date and availability in the store will be announced ASAP.
Stay tuned with Federal Audio's Newsletter
Reftone 2LD are small, passive near-field reference speakers that allow you to hear full range audio clearly at low volumes, for accuracy and placement.
The clarity in the midrange exposes sonic details that may be hidden on some active monitors. In a mix, there are so many important things in the midrange so it’s crucial to hear every element clearly.
Because they accurately represent the midrange and low-end so well, Reftones help you make audio decisions that don’t need to be corrected later. Use Reftone to check your sound for all stages of production: tracking, editing, mixing, mastering, broadcast and post-production (ADR, foley, sound design, video/audio editing).
They are made for all user levels and environments like professional and home studios, laptop rigs, edit bays, DJ booths and mobile recording/editing setups. Engineers, Producers, Broadcast Pros, Video Editors, DJs and Students all trust Reftone speakers when they make their crucial audio mix decisions.
Designed by an audio engineer, the proprietary paper driver and high quality wooden cabinetry make Reftone the reference speakers your ears can rely on too.
- Clarity in the mid-range reveals what’s really in your audio mix
- Make accurate decisions on placement, level, EQ, dynamics and effects
- Hear problem areas in the mix and adjust with confidence
- Perfect audio reference for all types of production- tracking, editing, mixing, mastering, post production, video editing etc.
- Magnetically shielded for safe placement near computer monitors
- Handcrafted wooden cabinet enclosure and full range driver reproduces accurate low-end in addition to clear mid-range
- Small 5”x5” size fits any audio/video environment
- Handles small and professional power amps (15-300W at 8Ω)
Reftone 2LD are priced as a pair
Speaker Type Passive (unpowered)
Driver 4” full-range driver with paper cone
Enclosure Birch plywood, sealed and magnetically shielded
Frequency Range 70Hz-20kHz
Recommended Power 15 - 300 watts
Maximum Peak SPL 93dB (@ 1 meter)
Impedance Nominal 8Ω
Input 5-way binding post
Weight 5.1 lbs.