Stereo bass-extension and management system with a separate LFE-channel input and 2 x 700W amplifier
Amphion’s FlexBase25 in a modern approach to subwoofer design. FlexBase25 is room friendly and equally suited for studio acoustics as well as less-treated home studio environments. It is easy to setup and intuitive to adjust. FlexBase25 is a single box, stereo base extension system, which is placed in the centre line between the main speakers.
Wide adjustment possibilities over crossover frequency (35-260 Hz), subwoofer level, as well as the mono-stereo spread, allow FlexBase25 to address the needs of a rapidly changing landscape of modern music-making. With a turn of a few dials, the system adapts to any task you happen to be working on. It can be fat, fun, and vibey when writing and producing. It will be precise, correct, and analytical when putting the finishing touches on a track or a film score.
FlexBase25 does not work like a conventional subwoofer. It does not only add, it transforms. FlexBase25 turns your 2-way monitor into a 3-way full range system, which increases the monitor’s headroom radically. Pair it with One12 or One15 for an ultra fast, easy to adjust small room full-range system. Place it behind your console and let it blend seamlessly with your One18, Two15 ore Two18 monitor, are located on a meter bridge. When you want to dial in on the midrange the by-pass function allows you to use your monitors for a narrower midrange view.
While FlexBase25 is naturally optimised for Amphion products, it blends well with other studio monitors as well.
- Variable crossover frequency allows changing the flavour of the system to match the specifics of the various production tasks.
- Mono/stereo spread adjustment to ensure precise system-integration, even when higher crossover points are used.
- Allows linking of the LFE channel between several units to build 7.1 and upwards systems.
- Operating principle: One-way
- Woofer: 2 x 25 cm / 10” aluminium
- Crossover frequency: 35-260Hz
- THD+N @ 0dBu: -100dB
- System bandwidth: 6Hz - 200 kHz
- Input impedance: 25 kOhm
- Max SPL 117 d7
- Output impedance: 100 Ohm
- Max HPF level: +20dBu
- Measurements (H x W x D): 840 x 340 x 310 mm
- Weight: 50 kg / 110 lb
- Output power: 2x300W RMS into 4 Ω @ 1% THD
- Frequency response: 10Hz - 65kHz (-3dB)
- Distortion: @ 100W: 0,006% (100 Hz)
- Distortion: @ 1W: 0,003% (100 Hz)
- Signal to noise ratio: 93dB @ 1W
- Efficiency: 85% @ full power (230V operation)