The CV4 is Miktek's signature mic, a large-diaphragm tube condenser microphone offering nine pick-up patterns with a sound that is truly large and produces a musical response. It's a microphone that will please the most seasoned engineers, producers and artists alike. The bottom end is big, warm and tight, mids that are present, detailed and even and a high frequency response that’s sweet and airy.
The CV4 is ideal for vocals of all genres but also perfect for acoustic & wind instruments, piano, string ensembles, overheads on a drum kit or as ambient room mics.
The heart and soul of the CV4’s head amplifier is the AMI BT4 transformer, which offers a classic sound and an extended low frequency response found in the earliest versions of the most famous vintage tube microphones. Together with an original NOS (new-old-stock) Telefunken EF800 tube, in which the high-voltage circuit has been uniquely implemented, the microphone challenges the performance of the best-in-class industry standards without hesitation.
The Miktek CV4 is hand assembled, tested and packaged in Nashville, Tennessee, USA using components from the US, Europe and Asia. Each microphone includes its serialised frequency response graph created during final testing.
- Classic large-diaphragm tube condenser design
- MK9 Dual 1-inch capsule with 5-micron Mylar, evaporated gold diaphragms
- Nine selectable pick-up patterns
- AMI BT4 transformer
- Original NOS Telefunken EF800 tube
- Individual serialised frequency response graph
- External power supply and 7-pin XLR cable
- Wood presentation case with swivel-mount, shock-mount and rugged aluminium carrying case
Pricing includes free delivery nationwide