Orion32 is a 32-channel A/D & D/A converter and audio master clock, supporting both MADI and USB interfaces, clocked by Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking (AFC) technology.
Orion32 allows 192 kHz I/O streaming of 32-channel digital audio via USB, providing seamless connectivity to any USB-enabled DAW, computer or iPad. The converter also provides 32 channels of 96 kHz audio through its Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections, which can be used to connect with any suitably equipped MADI device.
Orion32 also supports ADAT protocol by offering 16 I/O channels, for even greater compatibility with a large number of audio devices. The multi-channel converter inputs and outputs pass the analog signal through 8 D-SUB 25 I/O connectors.
Using Antelope Audio's custom-built USB chip, Orion32 achieves extremely low latency levels even when streaming simultaneously 32 channels in and 32 out. The latency performance varies between only 1 and 6.5 ms for different hardware and software configurations.
With its seamless digital routing and mixing options, the Orion32 offers extended flexibility. The routing feature allows sound engineers, for example, to send the AD signal to both MADI and USB interfaces, for live mixing and monitoring. The device is managed through a user-friendly desktop application available for both Windows and OS X. Moreover it is equipped with a zero-latency mixer and five preset buttons for fast and easy recall of favorite settings.
- Up to 192 kHz on 32 channels I/O via custom-built USB chip
- 32 channels I/O via Fiber Optic MADI I/O connections
- Eight D-SUB 25 connectors for AD and DA
- 16 channels on 4 ADAT input and output connectors
- Four word clock outputs and one word clock input
- 1U rack size with power consumption of 20 Watts and very low heating levels
- Extremely flexible routing and mixing options
- Antelope’s renowned 64-bit Acoustically Focused Clocking with Atomic input